Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15136 Discussions

Performance active core tuning no working with incorrect values

Stevek2
Novice

I have an xps 8930 with a 9900kf. All of the xtu fetures were available until in reinstalled windows 10. After reinstallation I not only have access to clock speeds in xtu but they are set incorrectly. core1 50x, core2 50x, core3 49x, core4 48x, core 5 48x, core6 47x, core747x, core 8 47x. I need xtu to up the wattage for turbo boost not really to interested in overclocking. I would just like to at least have all 8 cores equal. Also I never set these values in bios or previous xtu, I have no idea what created them. Thanks for any suggestions. I feel like the answer might be to reinstall windows again. But im trying to avoid that. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stevek2
Novice
I solved the issue by resetting the CMOS. I just wanted to provide this information for anyone else that might be having this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Stevek2  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I do understand your concern, I will gladly assist you here. 

In order to understand better the issue, can you please provide us with the following information? 

1. Please provide us a screenshot of what you see in XTU and specify the features that are missing now. 
  2. Run the following utility and attach the report so we can have more information about your system in general: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Just in case, since this utility provides information about your system, you can send it via Communities DM or I can send an email to the email address associated to your Profile, in case you feel uncomfortable attaching it to the thread. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Stevek2
Novice

here is the requested information. 

0 Kudos
Stevek2
Novice

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Stevek2  

Thank you for the information provided. 

However, as previously asked in my post, what are the features that you are missing that you had before? I would like to investigate this issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Stevek2
Novice
Hello, I had full access to all of the greyed out options displayed above. Nothing was restricted. Also my default values were 4.7. Now all cores by default are assigned different numbers. For additional info: I installed a fresh windows 10 onto a new m.2 drive. This was a clean install saving nothing from my previous drive. I did not update bios or anything else. Thank you very much for your help.
0 Kudos
Stevek2
Novice
Missing but previously working:
Core voltage mode.
Intel turbo boost.
Core voltage.
Processor Core iccmax.
Core voltage offset.
Av x2 ratio offset.
Performance active Core tuning.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Stevek2  

Thank you very much for your confirmation on this. 

I will investigate this change on your XTU. As soon as I have any updates or possible explanations for this, I will get back to you. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Stevek2  

Thank you for your time. 

Please try these steps that can help to solve your issue: 

1. Update the BIOS on your motherboard. Contact the computer manufacturer (OEM) for the latest updates and installation instructions. 
  2. Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)
  3. Download and install the latest version of Intel® XTU available. 
  4. Update Windows. Check for pending updates. 
  5. If the above steps did not resolve the issue, try to reinstall the operating system. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Stevek2     

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Stevek2      

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance with other matters in the meantime, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Stevek2
Novice
I solved the issue by resetting the CMOS. I just wanted to provide this information for anyone else that might be having this issue.
0 Kudos