Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Please sir tell me how to enable intel turbo boost 2.0 in intel core i3 8130U (2.21 )

PGupt33
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PGupt33

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Intel® Turbo Boost is a feature that has to be enabled on BIOS level, I would recommend reaching the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your system (DELL™, HP, ASUS*...) for BIOS guidance and set up.

We only provide support in English and we use a translation tool for your post.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PGupt33
Beginner
Hey in my all in one hp pc in bios turbo boost option doesn't appear please help me I want to increase my fps please sir
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PGupt33

I would like to confirm if your Intel® processor is increasing the frequency above 2.20 GHz?

If the frequency is not increasing under high workload this could be because of a laptop's manufacturer system design/customization and I would recommend reaching out to the system manufacturer.

NOTE: you can try running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to evaluate the Intel® processor.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
PGupt33
Beginner
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello PGupt33

If the frequency is not incrementing on a heavy workload this could be because of an OEM system customization/set up and we recommend contacting them (all in one manufacturer) to for proper guidance on the system settings.

Please keep in mind that Intel Turbo Boost Technology is enabled by default on supported processors. You can disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS. No other user-controllable settings to change Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation are available. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control.

NOTE: You can try running Intel® Processor Identification Utility to see if the technology es detected.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos