Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14643 Discussions

Processor size

x_Rage
Novice

Hello. Why are processors not made in a larger size? Any cooler is not effective at all because the heat transfer from the IHS is insufficiently efficient. I have 13700K and the best air cooler on the market: Noctua nh-D15s chromax.black. If I did not set the offset - 0.100, it would not be possible to use the basic CPU settings at full load, because thermal throttling would occur (At a long 100% load). I'm not talking about the fact that I want to clock it in the future. So why aren't larger CPU areas made?

13700K on ASUS PRIME Z790-A WIFI

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello x_Rage,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i7-13700K Processor, I will be glad to help.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Was the processor working fine before? If so, was there any hardware change or driver/OS update that may have triggered the issue?
  • Is there any sign of physical damage on the processor?
  • What is the make and model of your RAM module(s)?

Since having thermal throttling is not a normal/expected behavior, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Jensen
Beginner

Hello and i'm very sorry for replying in another thread, but i opened a ticket post 2 days ago regarding a big problem with my brand new 11900f cpu, and not having any response from any Intel member. Can you please take a look? I can't even use my computer properly, since still getting bsod's.

Here's my post.

0 Kudos