Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15400 Discussions

Question about i7 12700k

Lemon11
Beginner
I bought an i7 12700k to put in my computer to switch out my i5 12600k. After installing my computer wouldn’t turn on at all, put my old cpu in and everything works fine. I have an aorus z690 elite ax ddr4 mb, I updated the bios to the most recent version available tried again and still no luck. I’ve tried booting with one ram stick or none still no luck. I have absolutely no idea on what to do now.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Lemon11,   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. That would be disappointing, especially when your motherboard works fine with the old processor. I will happily assist you on this matter.

Based on your issue, I would like you to try the following:

1. Are getting a CPU LED code from the motherboard?

2. Clear your CMOS:

3. Load BIOS default settings.

4. Ensure the processor is installed properly:

5. Check for visibly bent or broken pins on the motherboard. 

6. You mentioned you tried with one stick of RAM, did you also try one stick of RAM and no GPU?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Lemon11, 

This follow-up is to check if your computer still having boot problems or if you were able to fix this problem. If you still having issues, please reply with the information requested.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Lemon11, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that I have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos