Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Recommended processor type.

Boluwatife
Beginner
Hi,
I am working on a school project that involves home automation. I am aiming to automate a full house using internet communication.
I would like you to recommend a processor that can do the job for me. There are some major characteristics the board must have:

1. Low latency for real life communication - Its response time to any signal must be as short as possible.

2. Seamless and smooth network connection

3. Standard Ethernet Technology

4. Standard Time synchronization

These are the four most important attributes I'm looking forward to.

I would like you to recommend me a processor that has these attributes.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Boluwatife,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Since you are just asking for the processor, do you already have an existing system or hardware?
  2. Can you also share to us if you already have a processor model in mind?
  3. Are you building a desktop or a server system?
  4. Can you also share more details about the hardware configuration that you are planning?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Boluwatife
Beginner
Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I do not have any existing hardware yet.

2. I think the intel® Core would work best.

3. I am building a server system.

4. I do not have much professional knowledge about embedded systems for now. I have only been able to achieve my automated switching operation of light bulbs using the Arduino board and HC-05 bluetooth module. But this systems fail when one adds few more loads.

For this project I want to embark on for my school, I would be automating a lot of offices and classrooms which is why I need a processor that would not fail at all.
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Boluwatife,

Since your issue is regarding our Core i processor, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Boluwatife,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

Based on the characteristics you told us you are looking for, we wanted to know if you are looking for a processor or for a network interface controller (NIC). 

It is important for you to know that board specifications will depend on each system manufacturer, you will need to check with them. Also, usually ethernet adapters are embedded in the board so you will need to also check the specifications of the port with the OEM. 

Regarding the processor recommendation, it is important for you to check the requirements that the tools you are using to develop the project need since the processor will need to fulfill those requirements to work without any issues. In case you already have the requirements, please let us know so that we can analyze them.

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Boluwatife,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Boluwatife,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos