Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14961 Discussions

Refresh rate locked

Ayaya28
Beginner

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-8350U Intel UHD graphics
Lenovo ThinkPad x280

This laptop's display supports 60hz. But my graphics driver software is keeping it capped at 48. Please solve this issue.
Check the screenshots for more information.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ayaya28, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ayaya28,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Furthermore, Was your system able to reach 60 Hz before? And if yes, have you made any changes before the issue happens?

We look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ayaya28
Beginner

Yes, I was able to reach 60hz before. Then in the power option of intel graphics command center, i could toggle between 48hz and 60hz, but after the latest graphics driver update, it shows only 48hz.

The ssu file is attached here

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ayaya28,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Please use the Lenovo drivers to upgrade your graphics driver and see if the problem still persists. 

If so, you may refer to this article for other troubleshooting methods: 

And if the problem continues, please generate a new SSU report, as I will raise the case with our engineers for further guidance.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ayaya28, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ayaya28, 

Again, we are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ayaya28, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you so much for your time, and we really hope that in some way we have helped you with your concern.

Bye for now, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos