Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

SGX problem in HP Laptop

BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

I have post the following question on HP Forum, but I have not got any answer solving the problem. As I understand I have done what is necessary to enable SGX and EMI, but the program still (blu-ray advisor and PowerDVD from Cyberlink) report that SGX EMI is not available!

I want to connect a DVD player (LG BP60NB10) supporting UHD 4K Blu-ray to a HP Spectre X360-13-ap0002no.

To check that all requirements are (a lot) are met, I use Cyberlinks Ultra HD Blu-Ray.

It reports that all requiremenst are met except that Intel Management Engine Software and Intel SGX Technology IS NOT AVAILABLE and an error code saying that it can't be loaded.

I have downladed and installed SGX and IME drivers for windows 10 1803 from HP home page.

SGX is enabled in BIOS.

I have also checked that the required dll files for SGX are installed.

As understand these three steps should be enough to enable to SGX and IME.

Where could the problem be, in Windows SW, HP SW or is it something with Advisor program?

I have seen similar questions on Windows community for earlier version of Windows and other HW. I have never seen any answer on theses questions.

I hope you can help med with this. Thank's in advance!

There is another funtion in UHD 4K bu-ray that is not supported by this notebook, HDR. It's not supported in Intel UHD 620, 630 and higher is required. But this is optional, so UHD 4K blu-ray will work anyway, but without HDR. That' a pity, but you have to live with.

BR/Björn

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello BHjal, The issue that you are experiencing with the DVD player Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) could be more related to the compatibility within the Blue-Ray reader and the computer specifications and features. We can offer you the generic software for the Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX), you can get this one by visiting the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28538/Intel-Software-Guard-Extensions-Intel-SGX-Driver-for-Windows-?product=80895 If the issue persists after installing Intel® SGX and enabling it in the BIOS, I would recommend you to get in contact with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for the LG 3D Blu-ray Disc Playback or the laptop OEM to make sure that your computer meets with the requirements to get the LG 3D Blu-ray working with your system. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

The working computer is an ASUS Mini-PC with Intel I7-8550U and Intel 620.

Windows 10 1809

Graphic Driver xxx.6577

The problem computer is a Spectre x360-13ap002no with Intel I7-8565U and UHD 620.

Windows 10 1809

Graphic Driver xxx.6345

I have not been able to install xxx.6577 as HP has not provided with an validated version yet.

I have studied the revision info for xxx.6577, but can't find anything about SGX.

Does this give any useful info or shall require HP to solve this?

BR/Björn

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Hi again,

I have now installed the latest version of SGX, both the base and the component inf, but the problem persists. On HP home page I can find version 1.9.105.41752 Rev.A. So HP has not yet updated the component version and that was installed before the update.

There is another packages involved, the MEI packages, which also is reported "not available" by Cyberlink testing program. Version 1815.12.0.2021 is available on HP homepage and installed. Is there a later version available and where can find it?

I don't think the problem is the LG Drive. I have tested it on another computer setup where all requirement for UltraHD Blu-ray are fulfilled and manage to play UltraHD Blu-ray discs.

I have also contacted Cyberlink about the problem and I have got a lot of instructions, but so far no luck.

BR/Björn

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello BHjal, Thank you for the response. Since you have mentioned that you tested the device in a different machine and it worked properly, I would recommend you to check the differences in hardware and software of both machines, for example, the processor, the graphics adapter, the technologies that the machines are enabled to work with and the operating system build version. Giving some examples because this issue could cover a few more categories. Regarding your question about the Intel® Management Engine drivers or updates available, these drivers need to be provided by the OEM, so if you have tested with their latest version and this one was not helpful I would recommend you to get in contact with them to see if there is any other download available that you can use. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello BHjal, Thank you for your response. According to the information provided, I noticed that there are marked differences within the systems, including the driver version. This is of course because the two systems are manufactured by different companies. I would like to mention that these systems will have particular settings that I am not able to mention or even see. That is the reason to better recommend you to get in contact with HP and check if there is any other set up that you can test. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

I have found the following:

The verification tool by Cyberlink reports that IME is not correctly installed. I have uninstalled both SGX interface and ME interface and downloaded the validated versions from HP Driver page and intstalled it, but the problem persists. Could the problem be the firmware for IME? I found the utility for checking that IME is working properly. I can start the program and it seems to be working, nothing more happens!? Should the program work with my setup W10 1809? Is there any other way to check what is installed. I found an Intel page with the IME firmware for download, but it's hard to understand which is the correct one?

BR/Björn

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello BHjal, Thank you for the information provided. We recommend you to get in contact with the OEM in order to know if there is an update that will be released soon for the Intel® Management Engine. Since this driver needs to be provided by the system manufacturer, in this case HP. That is the the reason for not being able to get this from the Intel Download Center. The compatibility within the driver and the operating system or the set up that you are using can be provided by the laptop manufacturer. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos