Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14728 Discussions

SR-IOV under Intel iGPUs 11th gen i7 11700K

Bahon
Beginner

Is the 11th gen CPU support SR-IOV ? If yes is possible to split it iGPU and use it on hyper-v VM ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Bahon

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

The processors depending on the generation and models support Virtualization. In this case, the Intel® Core™ i7-11700K Processor supports it.

Now, SR-IOV is a feature that is found under network adapters. It provides a mechanism in which a Single Root Function (for example a single Ethernet Port) can appear to be multiple separate physical devices.

Could you please provide me with more information about what you are trying to do? That way we can have a better understanding.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bahon
Beginner

I try to passthrouh my iGPU of my host to a windows 10 VM under hyper-v . My host is a windows 11 motherboard Asus 590-E CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-11700K, 64G memory, Nvidia 4070 GPU on PCIe. Can I attach The integrated GPU to the virtual machine ? Thx

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Bahon

Thank you for your response.

We will check all the details internally, as soon as we have any update, we will let you know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Bahon
Beginner

Thank you .

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Bahon

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Here is some useful information: Intel® Graphics SR-IOV Enablement Toolkit

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Bahon
Beginner

It seems this solution is for 12th Gen processor ? do you thing it can be applied on 11th Gen (i7 11700K) processor ? Thx

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Bahon

Thank you for your response.

According to Graphics Virtualization Technologies Support for Each Intel® Graphics Family, the 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Formerly Known as Rocket Lake) supports only Intel® Graphics Virtualization Technology –g (GVT-g).

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Bahon
Beginner

I realized that all the solutions are for linux host only. I am looking for Windows host solution. I hope one day we will have that. Thx very much for your support

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Bahon

We hope you are doing great.

Yes, the solutions are for Linux. Our advice is to contact Microsoft to see if they have a way to accomplish that, or if they will do it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos