Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15639 Discussions

Stuttering in the games

Force
Beginner

I am writing to seek assistance with a persistent issue I have been facing while gaming on my system. Despite my efforts to troubleshoot, I continue to experience stuttering problems during gameplay.My system specifications are as follows:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 9400
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B360-Plus
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 at 2666 MHz with timings 15-15-15-35 and latency around 57 ns.

I have undertaken the following troubleshooting steps:

• Reinstalled Windows
  • Updated all drivers, including graphics drivers
  • Adjusted power plans
  • Updated BIOS to the latest version
  • Monitored and maintained CPU and GPU temperatures below 75°C

Despite these efforts, the stuttering issue persists across various games. Notably, the GPU utilization consistently reaches 97-100%, while the CPU utilization hovers between 70-80%. It's worth mentioning that the problem remains consistent regardless of the graphics quality settings or in-game configurations.I kindly request your expertise in identifying the root cause of this stuttering problem and assisting me in finding a solution. I am an avid gamer, and this issue has been negatively impacting my gaming experience. Your prompt attention and assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Force,   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. This situation is unacceptable to us too and I want to help you with this issue.

To have a better view of this issue, I will need the following:

1. Run and attached the report from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool:

2. Is this issue present with any game or with a specific one?

3. What is the name of the affected games?

4. What is the brand and model name of your monitor?

5. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Force
Beginner

1. attached in 1.txt and 1.png (not sure what is the needed result so added photo of the programm state and the output)

2. this issue present with any, I've tried playing minecraft, death stranding, metro exodus. all the games are stuttering. 

4. Acer SA240Yabi

5. attached as 5.txt

I also want to add that the problem persisted when using another monitor connected via DVI, with using the integrated intel graphics, as well as with the current monitor. when using a video card, the situation did not change

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Force, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on the issue described, please try the following:

1. Turn off the Windows Game Bar and Game DVR.

• Press Windows + S.
  • In the Windows search box type Game bar settings and press Enter.
  • Under Control how Game Bar opens and recognizes your game turn off the option for Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcasts using Game Bar. 
  • From the left had menu, directly below Game Bar, select Game DVR.
  • Turn off the Record in the background while I’m playing a game setting.

2. You mentioned that the drivers are updated, however, the Intel driver does not appear in teh report, only the ones from Nvidia. If you have not, try a clean install of the Intel drivers:

3. Load your BIOS settings to default.

4. Just to confirm, did you try HDMI or Display Port cables?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Force
Beginner

1. done

2. done (the reason i said i had all drivers installed was that i had it installed before reinstalling the windows and this had no influence)

3. was laso tried before with no impact
4. i tried 2 different cables HDMI

also adding the video of stutters https://youtu.be/OcQAfZrzcFc

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Force, 

Thanks for the confirmation and the video shared. Based on the fact that the CPU passed the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test, this seems related to the Nvidia card. However, to make sure I recommend you to test Minecraft using only the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (no Nvidia card installed) and check if there is stuttering present.

Game configuration: https://gameplay.intel.com/games/minecraft

If the issue persists with the Intel® UHD Graphics 630, please share any steps needed to replicate this issue.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Force
Beginner

Thank you for your response and the suggested steps. I appreciate your attention to my issue. I followed your recommendation and tested Minecraft using only the Intel® UHD Graphics 630. Unfortunately, the problem persists and, in fact, worsens when using the integrated graphics.

I would also like to mention that the stuttering issue has been present since I initially built the PC, even before I had acquired the Nvidia graphics card. I had hoped that purchasing the graphics card would resolve the problem, but that has not been the case.

To provide more context, the stuttering began right after assembling the PC. I did not perform any specific actions that triggered the issue; it was present from the very start. Here are the specifications of my PC:

• CPU: i5 9400
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B360 Plus
  • Power Supply: Chieftec Eco Series GPE-600S
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 2x8GB DDR4 PC4-21300 [CMK16GX4M2A2666C16] (installed in A2 and B2 slots as recommended in the motherboard manual)
  • Storage: SSD Samsung 980 500GB MZ-V8V500BW (Operating System and games), WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD (WD10EZEX)

Considering the persistence of the issue even before I had the Nvidia card and its aggravation with the integrated graphics, I would greatly appreciate any further guidance or troubleshooting steps you can provide. This is the video of new configuration https://youtu.be/q6aM9AcENWM

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Force, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Force
Beginner

long time no updates from you, are we still in touch?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Force, 

Thanks for your time. Based on the investigation performed, I would like to check if is possible for you to try the following:

1. Does the issue happen with any other task of the daily workload besides gaming?

2. Is it possible to test a different processor to discard the motherboard as the cause of the issue?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Force
Beginner

1.It's hard to track but seems like no, with low system resource usage, there is no problem

2. unfortunately no

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Force, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In this case, I recommend you get in contact with our support team to check the warranty options available for you so you can test a new CPU on your system to check if the issue was related to the CPU or the motherboard.

Feel free to use any of the following methods: 

1. Chat support: https://intelsupportchat.secure.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_processor_ww_english_Chat 

2. For phone support, depending on your location, you will see the contact information on the links below:  

- EMEA contact information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/support-phone-list.html  

- APAC contact information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/support-phone-list.html  

- LAR contact information: https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/support/topics/support-phone-list.html  

- North America: Phone Number 1-916-377-7000, Monday – Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos