Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15007 Discussions

System IC Clock Error

SiriusTK
Beginner

I was told to contact Intel so here I am. I have a PC that now has the System IC Clock Error (4 Short beep / AMI (American Megatrends) BIOS with my old i5 3330, Anyway I can fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Who told you to contact Intel? I rather doubt that they know what they are talking about.

Is this an Intel product? The fact that it might happen to contain Intel chipset, processor or other components does not mean that Intel is in the picture; it is the company that manufactured the motherboard that is responsible for its warranty and for the operation of all components that are a part of, or shipped with, this motherboard - even those components that happen to be products of Intel.

Regardless, this is a failure on a motherboard that is at least 8 years old and long out of warranty. Your only recourse at this point is to either replace the motherboard or, considering its age, replace the whole system.

Sorry, but this is reality,

...S

0 Kudos
SiriusTK
Beginner

Another guy on a tech forum site told me to, but thanks for the reply anyways, If I end up getting a new testing system I can use my i5 3330 on that one

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"If I end up getting a new testing system I can use my i5 3330 on that one"

Only if socket and bios compatible.

But, why stay with a processor that is a decade old?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello SiriusTK

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos