Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15008 Discussions

Thermal Paste for Intel Core i3-7020U

DineshFromIndia
Beginner

Hello, I hope you are all doing well. My name is Dinesh, and I have an Intel Core i3-7020U in my laptop. I've been facing a heating problem in my laptop for the past few days and I think I need to change the thermal paste of my laptop.

Could you please suggest how many watts per meter Kelvin of thermal paste is needed for an Intel Core i3-7020U?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @DineshFromIndia

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

Considering your situation, it's important to note that for a CPU like the Intel Core i3-7020U, the optimal thermal conductivity typically falls within the range of 4 to 5 watts per meter Kelvin (W/m·K). This specific range holds great significance as it enables a seamless flow of heat between the CPU and the heatsink. By facilitating efficient heat transfer, this ensures a balanced and effective heat dissipation process, effectively safeguarding your system from potential overheating issues.

It's worth mentioning that while there might be slight variations in the recommended thermal conductivity due to differing manufacturer guidelines and thermal paste quality, the range we've highlighted above serves as a valuable benchmark to ensure the best performance and reliability for your CPU. 

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @DineshFromIndia

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

Considering your situation, it's important to note that for a CPU like the Intel Core i3-7020U, the optimal thermal conductivity typically falls within the range of 4 to 5 watts per meter Kelvin (W/m·K). This specific range holds great significance as it enables a seamless flow of heat between the CPU and the heatsink. By facilitating efficient heat transfer, this ensures a balanced and effective heat dissipation process, effectively safeguarding your system from potential overheating issues.

It's worth mentioning that while there might be slight variations in the recommended thermal conductivity due to differing manufacturer guidelines and thermal paste quality, the range we've highlighted above serves as a valuable benchmark to ensure the best performance and reliability for your CPU. 

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello DineshFromIndia

We hope you are doing fine.

We noticed you marked our comment as Accepted Solution, we want to know if you still need assistance or would you like to close this thread

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello DineshFromIndia

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos