Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14787 Discussions

Unable to import/export/new profiles in Intel XTU

shenxiu777
Novice

To reproduce, modify any CPU project, go to Profiles, Save, type "test" and confirm that the "test" Profile does not appear and nothing happen. I can see the error in the log:

2024/05/05-11:01:52.5818|!ERR] Failed to add new profile: temp
2024/05/05-11:01:52.5858|!ERR] System.FormatException: 该字符串未被识别为有效的 DateTime。
   在 System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   在 System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value, IFormatProvider provider)
   在 Intel.Overclocking.SDK.Profile.ProfileHelperMethods.GetDatabaseProfile(XtuTuningProfile profile, Boolean isRename)
   在 Intel.Overclocking.SDK.Profile.ProfileLibrary.AddProfile(XtuTuningProfile profile, String hashTag, Boolean isRename, Boolean overrideReserved)

Current time zone information, may be useful. The complete log can be found in the attachment.

shenxiu777_0-1714878790508.pngshenxiu777_1-1714878802773.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help us further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, complete model of the system, complete model of the processor, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Furthermore, for your reference, you may also check out this, as it seems to be related to our issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/XTU-Won-t-Save-Profiles-at-all/m-p/626531

By the way, may I know what version of XTU you are using?

We look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

Again, we are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
shenxiu777
Novice

Hello @ACarmona_Intel,

I have tried to uninstall XTU, remove following folder:

and reinstall latest XTU (version 7.14.1.12).

But I still can't create "profile" just like before.

So I don't think it's relevant to the issue https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/XTU-Won-t-Save-Profiles-at-all/m-p/626531

Also, the file SSU.txt attached. Hope this information is helpful to the problem.

Thanks

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

Your sharing of information was really appreciated.

We will now look into the issue further, and as soon as we have an answer, we will share it on this forum.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

May we know if this is a new installed system and a new XTU installed with the issue? Or something has been changed, and then the issue occurs?

Furthermore, please follow the steps outlined in this link: How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)), to remove XTU and reinstall it again, then let us know what the result is.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
shenxiu777
Novice

Hi @ACarmona_Intel ,

The XTU software is newly installed and I have been using the system for a long time. I had this problem the first time I installed it. I also tried to reinstall XTU and delete the data but nothing changed.

I have no plan to reinstall the system for this.

Thanks

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

Thank you so much for the response, and we sincerely appreciate all of your efforts.

We will now investigate the matter further, and as soon as I obtain updates from our engineers, I will get in touch with you.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Our senior engineers wanted the following information in order for us to delve deeper into the issue. Regarding that, please provide the following information: 

• Have you been updating the XTU application consistently, or was there a recent update from a much older version to the current one?

• Would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of the XTU interface when attempting to save a new profile?

• If there's an error message that appears on your screen, could you please let us know what it says? 

• Additionally, would you be able to share any other log files located in the XTU log folder (XtuCore)? Here are the steps on how to get the logs:

1. Open Registry Editor 
  2. Find HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software
  3. Create a new key named “Intel” under that node (if it doesn’t already exist).
  4. Create a new key named “XTU” under the “Intel” node (if it doesn’t already exist).
  5. Create a new DWORD value under the “XTU” node called “LoggingLevel” with value 4.
  6. Restart the XTU service or restart the computer. 
  7. Start XTU and reproduce the issue.
  8. Share the new XtuCore logs available in C:\ProgramDate\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\Logs. Specifically, the XtuCore file after the issue was reproduced, which will now include additional information [IINFO],.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Shenxiu777,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos