Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14885 Discussions

Virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported on this platform

Toan24
Beginner

Hello Community,

I have some problems when doing lab on vmware workstation.
When I checked my Intel chip (intel i5-11400h) supports virtualization technology, but when I used the Processor Identification Utility tool to check, virtualization was disabled.
I went into the BIOS to check the VTX and VTD sections and I encountered the following two cases:
- When I enabled both and went to the Processor Identification Utility tool to check, the virtualization part was disabled.
-When I disabled both and went to the Processor Identification Utility tool to check, virtualization was enabled.
Help me please.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Toan24.

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please check out this article on how to run Intel Virtualization Technology Using Intel® Processor just in case you might have missed some of the requirements needed.

Furthermore, if, after checking or trying the information shared in the above article, the issue still persists, please let us know so we can take our next step, which is to raise the case with our engineers for a deeper investigation, and kindly provide the complete model of your system as it will be used when we continue to investigate the issue.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Toan24.

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please check out this article on how to run Intel Virtualization Technology Using Intel® Processor just in case you might have missed some of the requirements needed.

Furthermore, if, after checking or trying the information shared in the above article, the issue still persists, please let us know so we can take our next step, which is to raise the case with our engineers for a deeper investigation, and kindly provide the complete model of your system as it will be used when we continue to investigate the issue.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Toan24
Beginner

Thank you for this tutorial.
After following the instructions, I was able to fix the error.

Best regards,

Toan.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Toan24,

We appreciate the update, and we are truly happy to hear that the issue has been fixed.

In regards to this, we will now close this enquiry as you will no longer need our assistance.

If you may need our assistance again, please submit a new ticket, and from there, we will be happy to assist you again.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos