Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14985 Discussions

Way to bamboozle your biggest fans Intel.

Norman_Trashboat

I feel like I was swindled with my recent decision to purchase a 14900KS and gift my 14900K to my brother with my old z690 system.

Let me preface this with my history with I've been a die hard, wont even give AMD  a shot fanboy since Prescott days, how things feel like Deja vu...

I've gone to what I'd consider to be extreme lengths to prep this CPU for a good life, I even went to the extent of delidding, voiding my warranty, and going direct-die for the cooling. I've given this chip the best life it can possibly have. That being said. This chip should not have been a 14900KS as far as I'm concerned. It has has a worse memory controller than my 14900K. That's simply unacceptable.

I have no words for how I feel towards you intel. My old 14900K could post XMP on my 8000 kit of RAM and had no issues. This kit isn't stable by any means under the same board/XMP profile. ASUS has a SP for memory controllers and, indeed this one benches lower than the one in my 14900K.

Shame on you, Intel. All you did was turn up the **bleep** voltage. These chips are no better binned and I'm a fool for giving you money.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Norman_Trashboat

Seriously, I'm absolutely still livid.

How can Intel justify selling this garbage when 13900, 13900KS, and the 14900 can all out perform it?

I truly believe Intel should be sued for false advertisement on this.

0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat

Also,

I'm going to give you actual suggestions that can actually help you as a business improve your reputation intel.

You clearly have the ability to bin your memory controllers...

WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH DON'T YOU SELL THE ONES WITH LOWER RATED MEMORY CONTROLLERS TO SYSTEM INTERROGATORS AND OEMS THAT ARE GOING TO RUN THEM AT JEDEC SPEEDS OR LOWER XMP RATED SETTINGS?!

Seriously!

It's ONE simple step you can take to make sure your OEM get their chips they need that can run without an XMP profile, you can sell it at a slight discount and then you can leave your actual good memory controllers to your enthusiast market and sell them boxxed at a premium.

how HARD was that?

everybody wins! and you don't have people here complaining about their systems not operating fine because you've actually, you know, thought about the situation and realized you could utilize them all most efficiently and not destroy your reputation as a chip producer?

Thanks again Intel, for selling me a 14900KS at a TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR PREMIUM, that is WORSE than my 149000K i bought for TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS LESS.

Absolutely DISGUSTED.

0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat

I'm also seriously unwilling to let this slide Intel.

I would like some form of response. I know I delidded my CPU. however I believe I'm entitled to RMA this garbage. It still works. It's undamaged physically. However, I'm not willing to spend this kind of premium for a 99 SP 14900 KS with a memory controller that's worse off than my 14900K.

This chip is defective by all means (for the SKU you've applied it to) I don't care what you've determined it to be.

0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat

Actually, I think that's perfect. You can actually put the proper IHS that SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THIS and sell it as a 14900K then.

0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat

I'm not going to stop bumping this or going into other threads of other poor souls that decided to support you in purchasing your "best" and informing them of their horrid mistakes.

0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat

Seriously, I'd like a response of some sort and an RMA. Or I'd like to consider some sort of legal repercussions to get a refund on this thing. There's no excuse for this performing worse than my 14900K. There's an expectation of the KS SKU to get a binned sample. This expectation was simply NOT fufilled. It's easily legally provable too, I can pop one CPU in and go, and pop my "better" CPU in and it's a simple NO from the same hardware.  There's an implicit expectation of a better product when you spend 729.99 for something over 519.99. I don't CARE if this is overclocking, this thing was DESIGNED AND MARKETED TO BE OVERCLOCKED.

GIVE THE OVERCLOCKERS A BETTER BIN FFS!

0 Kudos