Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

SLitw
Beginner

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD

Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15

Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )

Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP

Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W

Monitor: AORUS AD27QD

SSD: Crucial 1TB

HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment and after crash when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?

I clicked exit to main menu and it crashed to windows with display driver crash.

Next issue. After crash i was in Windows 10 and out of the blue, after 2-3 minutes pc just restarted. So why pc restarted itself? PSU ?

ps:

PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?

Just simply. After 12 hours i clicked ESC and exit to main menu,it crashed to desktop with driver crash. And after 2-3 minutes system from desktop just restarted out of the blue. And now its fine again. Weird?!

0 Kudos
41 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Another gigabyte/aorus motherboard problem...

Doc

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

I have ASUS motherboard.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

ASUS PRIME Z390-A

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, I did not see that aorus was your monitor.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This kind of reset can happen as a result of bug in game, bug in graphics driver(s), bug in sound driver(s), etc. -- or a fault in memory (causing bus hang). The last is the one I would be worried about. Test your memory thoroughly with MemTest86+ or something similar.

...S

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Memtest86 or RamTEst no errors.

When Metro crashes i decide to logout from system and log back again. ( By ctrl alt delet ). Because system was unresponsible ( turning circle ).

The system crashes ( rebooted itself ) after i logout ( CTRL + ALT + DELETE ) from system and log back again to refresh system. Then bum reboot ( kernel 41 ).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If Metro - or any other component of Windows - should crash, you should always, ALWAYS do a full reboot. As a matter of fact, if *any* application suffers a major crash (especially Office), you should always reboot. Logging out accomplishes almost nothing. Any corruption in memory handling, including disk buffers, will still exist - and eventually could bite you.

Forewarned is forearmed,

...S

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

I left Metro Exodus running by character standing on the same place for 12 hours. When i back to home i press ESC and while exiting from game mission to MAIN MENU ( moment where GPU LOAD drops ) i get BLACK SCREEN and no monitor signal for 1 minute, and crash to desktop with TDR driver crash in event log. After that i log off from system and log back in again and system rebooted unexpected. 

I dont have any other issues with stability in games. It happened once. Thx also not able to reproduce. Very weird.

C:/Windows/minidump ,not exist. C:/Windows/memory.dmp not exist.

Here is screens from dump file ---> C:/Windows/Livekernelreports/pow32Kwatchdog.dmp <--only that file appear. I think it is related to that pc reboot but not sure.

"A callout to Win32k did not return promptly"

https://i.postimg.cc/xCv9gqjd/w1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/01kGvUb.jpg

It was hardware issue or not? 

Also my gpu drivers is from november 2019. Windows 10 up to date. I dont know what is that pow32kwatchdog.dmp.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

thx for help

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

We would like to look into the issue that you are having, please provide me the following details and data:

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Hello. Yes this happened just once after 12 hours in Metro Exodus. In moment when i click EXIT from MISSION TO MAIN MENU ( moment when gpu load drops ). System working stable and it happened in this moment just once. No issues more. I added only PSU and GPU to system thats all.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

Thank you for the updates can you provide me with the following details:

1.   What is the system utilization (CPU, IGPU, DGPU) st the time of the behavior?

2.   Did the system work properly at some point?

3.   When did this issue starting happening? Were there any hardware or software changes on the system?

4.   Please provide me win the information and reports requested in the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/important-template-for-submitting-a-graphics-bug?language=en_US

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner
  1. At time of behavior gpu load drops from 96% to 11% or 0% .

2. System works properly to moment when i press ESC and click EXIT TO MAIN MENU.

Game was running maybe 15 hours. Game not crashed before i click EXIT TO MAIN MENU. It crashed when i press ESC and then clicked EXIT TO MAIN MENU--->moment when GPU LOAD drops it crashed ,instead of EXIT TO MAIN MENU ofc.

I get BLACK SCREEN and no monitor signal for 1 minute, and crash to desktop with TDR driver crash in event log. After that i log off from system and log back in again and system rebooted unexpected.

Happened once,not able to reproduce 

3.Issue observed after i add PSU SEASONIC PRIME ULTRA TITANIUM 850W ,but maybe it was coincedence because issue happened just once. And i updated Windows to 1903v.

Drivers are from november 2019. Also using Msi Afterburner and RTSS in background.

graphic bug report link:

https://gofile.io/?c=5QqWNJ

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

Can you provide a picture of the task manager while gaming and while exiting the game for us to see the behavior (if possible a video)?

Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:

1-   Run the utility.

2-   Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-   Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-   Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-   To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Also please provide the DxDiag report following these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it on your desktop).

4. Open the report.

5. Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file to your desktop. 

6. Attach the .TXT file to the thread.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

I have been looking into the details that you have provided and I would like to share that both services in the log files (pictures) are not from Intel but rather the OS that is why I believe the issue should be reported to the game developer first because it could be a bug with the game code interacting with the OS.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

SO that unexpected reboot after game crash was related to game bug/sys?not hardware?

file appear: C:\Windows\livekernelreports\pow32kwatchdog.dmp <--- related to reboot

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

What I meant is that the Win32k_callout_watchdog_livedumb and csrss.exe reported after the behavior seem to be more related to Operating System (OS) or game and it would be important the check with the respective developers.

Reference link:

csrss.exe:

csrss.exe - application error

Win32k_callout_watchdog_livedumb:

win32k power watchdog timeout blue screen

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Win32k_callout_watchdog is not the same like win32k power watchdog timeout. Bugcheck codes are different.

Anyway you mean that win32k_callout_watchdog was caused by game software not hardware?

0 Kudos
SLitw
Beginner

Win32k_callout_watchdog is not the same like win32k power watchdog timeout. Bugcheck codes are different.

Anyway you mean that win32k_callout_watchdog was caused by game software not hardware?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SLitw

Yes, this is pointing more to a software issue and I think this should be reported to the game developer first because it could be a bug with the game code interacting with the OS.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos