Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

What is the max RAM MHZ for Intel® Core™ i7-10875H Processor

MrCatson
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm looking at  buying the MSI Creator 17 10SFS 17.3" UHD Core i7-10875H RTX 2070 Super MAX-Q Laptop as shown https://www.centrecom.com.au/msi-creator-17-a10sfs-173-uhd-core-i7-10875h-rtx-2070-super-max-q-laptop#

The other sellers in Australia sell this laptop with 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ but this seller claims the RAM as 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ.

I note on intel's official website the processor ram specifications memory type says DDR4-2933. Does that mean this processor supports maximum 2933MHZ or is the claimed 3200MHZ supported including 16,32 or 64GB 3200MHZ ram?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/core/i7-processors/i7-10875h.html

Kind regards

MrCatson

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MrCatson,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

After checking the Technical Product Specification for the Intel® Core™ i7-10875H Processor I need to inform you that the MAX RAM frequency supported by the processor is 2933Mhz.

This means that if the computer comes with a RAM with a higher frequency than supported by the processor the computer will work at the frequency that was validated and tested by the processor. In this case the 2933 MHz frequency.

In case you would like to know more information about the components that come with the device I would recommend checking directly with the seller.

Please let me know if the information provided was helpful for you

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MrCatson,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

After checking the Technical Product Specification for the Intel® Core™ i7-10875H Processor I need to inform you that the MAX RAM frequency supported by the processor is 2933Mhz.

This means that if the computer comes with a RAM with a higher frequency than supported by the processor the computer will work at the frequency that was validated and tested by the processor. In this case the 2933 MHz frequency.

In case you would like to know more information about the components that come with the device I would recommend checking directly with the seller.

Please let me know if the information provided was helpful for you

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
MrCatson
Beginner
Hi Esteban,

I'm grateful for your explanation. Now I understand what I need exactly.

Kind regards
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MrCatson,

Thank you so much for your response. It’s good to know that the information provided was useful for you. Then we will proceed to close this inquiry.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread 

will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos