Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Why does Intel Xeon Gold 6348 always work at base frequency?

duanfan
Beginner

My machine is Dell PowerEdge R750.  It contains two Intel Xeon Gold 6348 processors (2.6GHz/3.5Ghz), and its system is CentOS 7. My program is written by Fortran90, and compiled with flag -O2 by intel oneAPI. No matter how many cores I used, all processors alway work at 2.6GHz precisely. Are this caused by some incorrect settings? Or is the frequency of the 3rd generation processor limited within base frequency when AVX-512 is adopted (I guess that Intel oneAPI employs AVX-512  by default)?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
duanfan
Beginner

Hello SergioS_Intel,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally, I try the command turbostat, and found that all processors indeed work at turbo frequency (about 3.4GHz).

duanfan_0-1625578843683.png

Many commands of frequency detection, such as cat /proc/cpuinfo, report the incorrect result.  

duanfan_1-1625578900705.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello duanfan,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Can you please let us know what is the model of the server that is within your Dell system? Also, can you please check on the settings of your BIOS for any options to change the frequency of the processors?

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
duanfan
Beginner

Hello SergioS_Intel,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally, I try the command turbostat, and found that all processors indeed work at turbo frequency (about 3.4GHz).

duanfan_0-1625578843683.png

Many commands of frequency detection, such as cat /proc/cpuinfo, report the incorrect result.  

duanfan_1-1625578900705.png

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello duanfan,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is resolved now. We will proceed to close this thread. 

Regards,

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos