Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14974 Discussions

XTU Modifiers Grayed Out (used to work!)

Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

I recently fixed an issue with XTU not loading and when i was able to get passed the splash screen. I noticed i was not able to load my saved XTU Profile and the Options below are Grayed out.

I used to be able to have access to everything. I reset the BIOS to default but that did not help.
i9-9900KF CPU on a Dell 0T2HR0 Mainboard.      -Please Help!

Sakka_Souffle_1-1719634861889.pngSakka_Souffle_2-1719634877277.png

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

1. Was it working fine before?
  2. Did you change anything before you start having this issue?
  3. Aside from resetting the BIOS, can you share the other troubleshooting steps that you tried?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

Yes , I literally stated that it used to work. I solved an issue of the program not loading. Now, I do not have access to the fields that are disabled. I did previously. I was able to fully configure the XTU overclock. I even have a saved profile that i created to be the best overclock profile that will not load. The pictures in the original post are the reference. I would appreciate some help Mike. 

Thank you. Regards, Sakka Soufflé

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Thank you for the quick reply

We have this article that you can follow which should fix the issue. However, as per the link, you may need to contact the OEM manufacturers.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090690/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

You're Welcome! Also, thank YOU for the quick reply as well sir. BIOS is completely up to date as well as Windows. I've been using XTU for several years with this machine without an issue.
Let me also show you an issue i recently was able to get fixed with help from another tech:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Intel-XTU-eXtreme-Tuning-Utility-STUCK-on-Splash-Screen/m-p/1596944/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExXMkpKTU04NE5CSTV8MTU5Njk0NHxTVUJTQ1JJUFRJT05TfGhL#M72326

The issue i'm currently experiencing MAY be related to this on a deeper level. i'm not sure. But, everything should be in working order. I'm going to need you to try a little harder please, there must be something we can check/take a look at. Thank You.

Regards,   Sakka Soufflé 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Just to clarify, have you tried all the steps in the link that we provided?

Although the last step there is to reinstall the OS.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

Hey there Mike,
Yes, I have tried everything short of reinstalling my OS.

Regards, Sakka Soufflé

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Kindly send the latest SSU logs of your system for us to further check this issue.

Please download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

You got it Mike! Hope we can fix this weird issue. Here are the logs attached:

Regards, Sakka Soufflé

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Thank you for the information provided.  

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Michael L.

Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

Oh boy Mike! lol. I thank you and hope you are just as helpful as the last tech which helped me.

I definitely appreciate you, I look forward to hearing from you. Might be some weird stuff. I wonder if you looked at that "Splash Screen Issue" i sent you the link for. That was certainly interesting, I also learned from it. Until the next time Mr. Mike!

Regards

Sakka_Soufflé

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update.

Based on information that we gathered, this seems to be related to OS not with XTU itself.

You may try to follow the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093073/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

With latest XTU version installed and BIOS settings on default, if the results are the same, please contact your OS for assistance

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

Hello Mike

I noticed the link was how to load and save profiles. Thanks, i'm aware of that information. Windows 10 is the OS, I've not changed any settings, just normal updates. It has worked for 4 years and then all of a sudden it is not.

Could you try to Troubleshoot in a different direction please?

Thank you,

Sakka_Soufflé

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Thank you for the update.

There is a new version of XTU that you can try, the version is 7.14.2.14.

Try to remove the old version by following the steps in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

Then download and install the new one:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html?wapkw=xtu

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

Hey there Mike,

That's the version i've been using/having trouble with. do you have a link for the database of older versions? maybe that will help.

Regards, Sakka_Soufflé

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

Thank you for the update.

As I have stated in my previous post, I already provided all the possible solutions for this issue. At this point, it is recommended that you contact your Operating System for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Sakka_Souffle
New Contributor I

Hey Mike, is there anything else you can think of to try? I looked at ThrottleStop and the are to confirm "voltage unlocked" is now locked.
This certainly seems to be potentially congruent with this issue of "inaccess" to functions in which were previously available. If you could ponder this in a different way or run it by some of your peers, that would be great. I feel as though there is something simple I'm missing. I hope you feel the same sir. 

Thank you,
Sakka_Soufflé

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Sakka_Souffle,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos