Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

XTU window - position and graphs/monitors

GeertCu
Beginner

Intel's XTU window behaviour has always been super-weird, but on my newest installation (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yg7Wht) it's the worst I've ever seen. 

Since it's a fresh 21H1 install, literally everything has been installed with the newest version possible. Windows, drivers, all extra crapware (just testing it out), firmware of all devices, you name it, it has the latest version) 

So, after a fresh boot or reboot, XTU's window presents itself like this: 

Screenshot 2021-06-26 015014.png

Pressing the "restore/down" (the maximize button), XTU's resizes itself like this.
As you can see the window itself is large, but not all hardware monitor values are displayed, and underneath the values is a large black empty space.

I can then resize the window, change the window position, drag the divider between the trendline part and the hardware monitor part, but the black empty space never gets filled.

Screenshot 2021-06-26 015052.png Screenshot 2021-06-26 015131.png Screenshot 2021-06-26 015155.png 

However, when I click the "Show all" button, XTU presents itself as this: 

Screenshot 2021-06-26 015207.png

And when I then press "monitoring" button (where the Show All button was), XTU resizes itself like this:

Screenshot 2021-06-26 015255.png

And that's the window position and XTU graphic configuration I like and I use.

Is there any thick to have XTU start as in the last screenshot? 
This is the only application that behaves like this  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

But...   Your processor (i9-11900) is not supported by XTU.  XTU only supports X and K processors.  Also, unsupported processors may or may not work with XTU.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
GeertCu
Beginner

But even if my CPU is not supported I should be able to use XTU to monitor CPU and related devices temperatures, yes?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

As the web page says " Intel XTU may or may not work on unsupported processors."

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
GeertCu
Beginner

Ok ok, I get it, I have read your reply (ok, two replies which say the exact same thing), but even if the 11900 isn't supported to change any config of the CPU, you can use XTU to monitor it's behaviour. 

I have had the same issue with XTU's window position and it not remembering any of it with my 8700K and 9900K.

So, ok, thank you for your comment(s), unfortunately I don't have the energy to reply to people who don't even read the comments they are replying to. Hopefully my 11900K arrives soon, so I can do another fresh install, and then post. the. exact. same. thread. of. XTU. not. remembering. Window. Positions. - with a supported CPU or with an unsupported CPU.

0 Kudos
GeertCu
Beginner

Nobody else has a tip or a trick for the issue where XTU doesn't remember its window position across reboots? 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GeertCu,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that, as AlHill mentioned, the tool may present an unexpected behavior with an unsupported processor (non "K" and "X" versions), However, in order to help you further please try the following:

- Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) using the following steps:

1. Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032459/processors/processor-utilities-and-programs.html

2. Tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/es/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GeertCu,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello GeertCu, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos