Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15632 Discussions

bio configuration

karpull
Beginner

I have a mini pc that i purchased, not sure why i tried to make a bio change but I did and can't get it to reset to factory settings.  Need help

model ak3v

apollo lake j3455

version 5.12

uefi 2.5; pi 1.4

any place i can get documentation on default setting.  computer is useless can't get pass bio menu.

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CurtM
Beginner

I just watched a video that provides a simple solution.  The person seemed quite knowledgeable, but I suggest you check a second source.  There's a small round button battery on the motherboard that enables the CMOS, which stores BIOS settings, to retain the settings when the computer is turned off.

Step 0 - Precaution:  Static can damage internal computer parts.  It's best to do this with hard surfaces (e.g., no carpet).  Touch something metal to ground yourself.  If the computer case is metal, touch it when it is plugged in.

Step 1 - Unplug the computer.  Step 2 - Open the case, find the small round button battery, and remove it.  Step 3 - Wait 10 minutes.  Then, of course, reinstall the battery, close the case, plug it in.

(Disclaimer:  I am not an expert, but I found this solution from other sources as well.  And it sounds reasonable.) 

Good luck!  - Curt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You'll have to contact the support people for the system manufacturer. It is their BIOS and only they can help you with this issue.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
karpull
Beginner
0 Kudos
CurtM
Beginner

I just watched a video that provides a simple solution.  The person seemed quite knowledgeable, but I suggest you check a second source.  There's a small round button battery on the motherboard that enables the CMOS, which stores BIOS settings, to retain the settings when the computer is turned off.

Step 0 - Precaution:  Static can damage internal computer parts.  It's best to do this with hard surfaces (e.g., no carpet).  Touch something metal to ground yourself.  If the computer case is metal, touch it when it is plugged in.

Step 1 - Unplug the computer.  Step 2 - Open the case, find the small round button battery, and remove it.  Step 3 - Wait 10 minutes.  Then, of course, reinstall the battery, close the case, plug it in.

(Disclaimer:  I am not an expert, but I found this solution from other sources as well.  And it sounds reasonable.) 

Good luck!  - Curt

0 Kudos
karpull
Beginner

thanks tried that but couldn't get the motherboard.

0 Kudos
karpull
Beginner

Curt, 

Your a peach, I did figure out how to get to the battery to reset bios configuration and I'm back up and running.

Thank you again,

karpull

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @karpull  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to reset the BIOS settings. 

However, as Mr. Scott mentioned, you need to contact the proper support team, your System Manufacturer, as we didn't design their motherboard BIOS or know it works. Please contact the correct support. 

We truly hope they can help you with this issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @karpull  

I am glad to hear that your issue has been solved. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos