Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14915 Discussions

computer speed

earl1812
Beginner

When buying a new computer with an Intel processor can I always assume that the i5 is faster than the i3, the i7 faster than the i5, etc.? How are we suppose to know how to pick from different computer company options? Thank you for reading this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @earl1812

Thank you for your reply.

We are happy to know the information we provided you was useful. We want to know if do you need more assistance, or can we close this thread?

Please let us know.

Best regards

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @earl1812

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

According to our information, different generations have different specifications, and that will depend on what you are looking for. To have a better understanding of that information try using our tool Product Specifications to compare our processors, check their specs, and decide which is better for your system requirements.

All processors will have different speeds so which one to choose will depend on what you are looking for.

Also, if you are looking for OEM equipment, you will need to consult with them for the specifications that best suit your requirements.

Best regards

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello ,  @earl1812

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Isaac Q.   

0 Kudos
earl1812
Beginner

This is amazing. I had written off the previous post because it looked too complicated. I just wanted to know was i5 faster than i3, etc. After seeing that you sent a follow up then I dug into the link sent earlier. It is excellent. I now see how it works. The computer you want to buy will/should have all the detail needed to look it up on the chart under the i7 etc. and get the true speed. This is very good. Thank you for the reminder and this indeed helps. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @earl1812

Thank you for your reply.

We are happy to know the information we provided you was useful. We want to know if do you need more assistance, or can we close this thread?

Please let us know.

Best regards

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @earl1812

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @earl1812

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos