Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

fsin build instruction

rbator1973
Novice

Very please about information about build instruction fsin ( algorithm , mathematics ) x86-32 and x86-64 processors.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello rbator1973,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor or the processor you are interested in?

2. Are you developing software or hardware?

3. Are you working on a project? Can you provide more details about your inquiry?

4. Why are you interested in this information?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
rbator1973
Novice

Thank you kindly for Your willingness to help.
1.Please include this in your response if there are differences in the transcendental functions performed by hardware compared to series, manufactured types and older processors.
2,3,4.Please allow me to become familiar with transcendental functions: how they are realized (how the approximation is made, with what error, and from what this error results).
Please allow me to assess which function (hardware or software) and in what case to use it.
Expanding my knowledge, my own work on the material and my own contribution to further deeper studies beyond the above will enable me to actively participate in the Intel Community.

Best regards

Happy New Year 2022!

Rafał Bator.

DeividA_Intel

Hello rbator1973,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rbator1973, 

Allow me to check your request internally, however, bear in mind that I may need some information in order to proceed. As soon as I have any details, I will let you know.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rbator1973, 

In this case, Intel does not provide how-to support for software development on Intel processors. If you would like to know more about this topic, you can check the following manual:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/intel-sdm.html

Please let me know if you have more questions about it.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rbator1973,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
rbator1973
Novice

Thank You for Your answer. Big Thanks for link to documentation.

Please information about calculation ( approximation ) of implementation F(x) included in the error formula in 8.3.10 Transcendental Instruction Accuracy in main document " Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual"

Best Regards.

Rafał Bator

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rbator1973, 

I am glad to know that you found useful the manual provided. As per the information requested, allow me to check what I can get. However, bear in mind that Intel does not provide how-to support for software development on Intel processors. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello rbator1973, 

Based on your request, I recommend you open a thread in the Intel Developer Zone. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product.  

Here you will find the links to access the website and the community forums:  

However, if you are developing a system you may want to open an IPS ticket:

Also, you can get in contact with an authorized distributor asking for an Intel Field Application Engineer (FAE)

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos