Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

heating the processor without load

47x74
Beginner

When entering the system, the temperature rises sharply to 100 degrees Celsius , after that it also drops sharply to 60 degrees and then slowly to 50 degrees, this happens every time, both when entering applications and during the test. Moreover, the cooler radiator practically does not heat up. i7-9700KF Processor. Cooler Vinga CL3008B. motherboard msi z390a-pro. pls help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello 47x74,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your processor, I will be glad to help you with this.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What program/software are you using to measure the processor temperature?
  • To clarify, is the issue happening when booting to the operating system, entering an application, testing the processor, when the system is idle or all of these scenarios?
  • When did the issue start? Was there any hardware change or driver/OS update that may have triggered the issue?
  • Have you checked the cooler is working fine? Make sure there is no excessive build-up of dust in the system, and also that the intake vents and exhaust vents are clear of dust and lint.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello 47x74

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello 47x74

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos