Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

i5-10300H too high temperature in game!

Niko87
New Contributor I

I have a new gaming notebook for a few weeks and I have noticed that the temperature of the cpu in gaming is really exaggerated often exceeds 90 degrees, touching 100! at the beginning not being able to undervolt due to plundervolt I was quite disappointed, but then thanks to an integrated program of the manufacturer of my notebook with the undervolt I managed to lower it a few degrees.
I state that these hot temperatures are only there when I play and the cpu is under stress but with normal use there are no problems.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Niko87
New Contributor I

however for now I have done a restore of windows 10 and the situation seems slightly improved

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds to me like the laptop manufacturer needs to do a better design for cooling, and a better job of cooling.  Else, why do they need to provide their own undervolt utility?

Also, their undervolt utility puts you at a security risk. 

Undervolting to cover for their lack of proper design?   There is the real disappointment.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Niko87
New Contributor I

What you say sounds strange to me, because with the old notebook I have always used undervolting precisely for the temperature problem (it was an i5-6300HQ cpu) and without undervolt the temperature often touched 100 degrees, with undervolting the cpu was always with an optimal temperature without affecting performance and never throttled.
You can't blame my notebook because it has two fans and they work great when running they let out a lot of air.
Here the talk is the CPU that heat up too much, and I'm certainly not the only one who has this problem.

0 Kudos
Niko87
New Contributor I

however for now I have done a restore of windows 10 and the situation seems slightly improved

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Niko87, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to clarify that @AlHill is right. We do not recommend undervloting, and part of this is due to security concerns: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00289.html  

Our recommendation is to keep the default settings and check with the system manufacturer (OEM) to troubleshoot the overheating issues. The system must meet the requirements to cool the system enough so it can operate normally. 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a screenshot or .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply. 

3. Provide screenshots of the Task Manager while gaming. Please include one of the Processes tab and another one of the Performance tab. 

4. Is this problem only while gaming? Or does it happen in other tasks as well? Also, does it happen in every game or is it related to some specific games?    

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Niko87,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Niko87,   

I can see that your previous post about the Windows restore was marked as a solution. Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry; if you have additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.   

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos