Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11673 Discussions

i5-8400 Turbo Boost Help

bodaddie
Beginner

Everywhere it says that the 8400 can be boosted to 4ghz yet its still at 2.8ghz. I have tried everything in the bios to set it to 4ghz and nothing has changed. It's still stuck at 2.8. I read that it will be dynamic and going higher if the game I'm playing needs it but it will not go any higher than 2.8. How can I get the advertised 4ghz or is intel just a lying company about what their processors can do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It's all there ​in the BIOS setup. Sounds like you are somehow setting a limit that is preventing it from happening. Try resetting the BIOS Configuration to optimal defaults.

Hope this helps,​

...S

Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello bodaddie,

I would like to know if you need further assistance? 

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello bodaddie,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel