Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

i7-6500u

ssan1
Beginner

Hola! Queria hacer un pedido de ayuda a la comunidad respecto mi procesador. Actualmente estoy utilizando una notebook HP Pavillion au-018wm, con un i7-6500u y una Nvidia Geforce 940mx 2gb; el problema que sufro es de temperatura. Jugando al CS:GO la CPU llega a los 95°, haciendo un downclocking (reduciendo uso de la cpu casi al 5%) lo que genera drops en mis FPS. He cambiado la pasta térmica y limpiado por completo, actualizado bios y drivers, pero el problema persiste

Traté de contactarme con el soporte tecnico de HP pero los mismos no me brindan la ayuda necesaria para encontrar una solución.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I wanted to make a request for help to the community regarding my processor. I am currently using an HP Pavillion au-018wm notebook, with an i7-6500u and an Nvidia Geforce 940mx 2gb; the problem I suffer is temperature. Playing CS: GO the CPU reaches 95 °, doing a downclock (reduces the use of the cpu to almost 5%) which generates drops in my FPS. I have changed the thermal paste and cleaned completely, updated bios and drivers, but the problem persists.

I tried to contact HP technical support but they do not give me the necessary help to find a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ssan1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

After checking your post I consider that you have performed really complete troubleshooting in terms of software/drivers, however, as the problem persists this could be related to hardware and the workload that we are giving to the device.

When talking about laptops, there are several things to take into consideration in this situation this could be due to the design or the thermal solution of the unit.

I would recommend the following few steps:

1.      Make sure that there is no dust on the fans and clean the vents.

2.      Check the cooling/fan configuration of the laptop.

3.      Use HP* software to manage and monitor the temperatures of your laptop.

Please check the following article from your laptop manufacturer with some recommendations to avoid this behavior:

HP* Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

If after checking all their recommendations the issue persists, you might need to contact HP* technical support for further assistance. 

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ssan1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

After checking your post I consider that you have performed really complete troubleshooting in terms of software/drivers, however, as the problem persists this could be related to hardware and the workload that we are giving to the device.

When talking about laptops, there are several things to take into consideration in this situation this could be due to the design or the thermal solution of the unit.

I would recommend the following few steps:

1.      Make sure that there is no dust on the fans and clean the vents.

2.      Check the cooling/fan configuration of the laptop.

3.      Use HP* software to manage and monitor the temperatures of your laptop.

Please check the following article from your laptop manufacturer with some recommendations to avoid this behavior:

HP* Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

If after checking all their recommendations the issue persists, you might need to contact HP* technical support for further assistance. 

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician