Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14946 Discussions

i9 14900k 2300 MHz

johnmann
Beginner

question have an asus z790 e gaming wifi ll and i9 14900 k at the beginning HWMonitor showed high mhz on p-core 5900 mhz as I remember it but after I have updated the bios it is only at 2300mhz on p-core is it not wrong and why?

it looks like its locked at 2300 max is it possible

0 Kudos
24 Replies
johnmann
Beginner

hi Ramyer

Then I found out what was wrong
Windows power plan was turned on Power saver
;( but now it runs, but many thanks for the help from here  

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello johnmann,

Thank you for responding back to us. Just to make sure we are on the same page, due to the Windows power plan being set to Power saver, the frequency of your system has been limited to 2300 MHz? Is the issue no longer appearing in your system after changing this settings? 

Would you like to monitor your system just to make sure everything is alright as well? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
johnmann
Beginner

Hi Ramyer
100% solved.
yes, it is true that in Windows when the power management plan is set to power saving, it locks the p-core at 2300mhz

if i set power management plan to balanced, high performance or game turbo then run p-core at 5700mhz

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello johnmann,

Thank you for confirming. I am happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing the issue.

We wanted to express our appreciation for the initiative you took in resolving the issue you encountered. Your resourcefulness and problem-solving skills are commendable. We value your efforts in finding a solution independently and sharing it with our community. Kudos to you!

I will now proceed in closing your case. We wish you the best in your future endeavors

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos