Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15251 Discussions

unity and windows causing access memory violations

Lynk
Beginner

hey, 

I keep having unity games crash on my gen 9 i5-9600k. A lot of sources keep pointing the microcode patches that were issued by Windows with aid from Intel.  Access memory violations (c0000005)

is there currently a work around this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lynk

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We would be more than happy to assist you.

To better assist you, we would like to ask for the following information:

• When did the issue start? Has it been present since day one?
  • What are the affected games?
  • What is the game distribution service for the affected games?
  • Is there an error message when the games crash? If so, provide us with a screenshot of the error message you receive.
  • You mentioned that there are Access memory violations, so we would like to ask why you believe that the issue is related to the CPU. Normally, this issue can happen for several reasons, such as a software bug, a hardware problem, or a corrupted file.

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lynk,

We are jumping in your thread to see if you have been able to check our previous comment. Remember that the information we requested will help us to better assist you.

Best regards

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Lynk
Beginner
Well no it hasn't been like that like only under heavy load, and only AAA games: like Cities skylines 2, and baldurs gate.
I do have suspect that is that, the PSU cannot supply enough power to the computer.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lynk,

Thank you for your response, we appreciate the information you have provided. However, after looking at the new details, we see that there is some information missing that we asked for in our previous post. We would like to ask for the following one more time:

• When did the issue start? Did the game work with no issues at some point?
  • What is the game distribution service for the affected games? (Steam, Microsoft Store, Epic)
  • Is there an error message when the games crash? If so, provide us with a screenshot of the error message you receive.
  • We would like to ask why you believe that the Memory access violation issue is related to the CPU. Normally, this issue can happen for several reasons, such as a software bug, a hardware problem, or a corrupted file.

Best regards

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lynk,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lynk,

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos