Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

AS configuration not working with Arria10

JAlin
Beginner

I have a new board with Arria10, and configuration is not working from a SPI flash in Active Serial mode. I have programmed the flash using USB blaster rev B and the flash verification is ok. All the cnfiguration signals seem fine, except thet nStatus goes low and the FPGA restarts reading infinitely.

Which flash devices are supported by Quartus 18.1 now? Does the FPGA check the ID code? If yes, is there a list of supported codes? Or what other requirements there are?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee
Hi, May I know what is the SPI flash use? When you convert the programming file, do you select the correct flash? Currently we support EPCQ-L and MT25Q flash only. It does not check for ID code but I suspect that either the content is corrupted where the FPGA keep on restart configuration.
0 Kudos
JAlin
Beginner

We had Macronix on the beard, because Arrow's FAE told us that 18.1 will support MAcronix and Cypress. We already tried some Micron samples that we had lying around and they worked.

When will there be support for other vendors then? What are the exact requirements for the configuration to work? We have a requirement that there should be second sources for flash memories.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee
Hi, You will need to make sure that the dummy clock is matching the device specification or select the similar flash to generate the correct content.
0 Kudos