Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Altera Flex 10K Driver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I've ran into an issue here at work. A PC in the Dental Operatory was imaged to Windows 7. I'm now trying to find a driver for an Altera Flex PCI Fiber Card. It appears to be a 10K judging by the string of text on the chip. Would anyone know if or where I might find a driver for this device?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is no such thing as a driver for a flex10k. The Flex10k is an FPGA, and the driver will be for whatever is on that board and the firmware in the chip. Do you know who provided the board? only they can provide the driver (very unlikely to be altera) 

Be aware though, that the Flex10k is a 20 year old part, and hasnt been supported in build software since 2009. Its mosty likely that whoever made the board and driver only made it for windows XP.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Tricky, thank you for your information! I don't know who provided the board, but I may have a hunch it was provided by Sorodex. The PCI card in the PC connected via two fiber cables to the Cranex D imaging device. I'll contact them. Thank you! 

--- Quote Start ---  

There is no such thing as a driver for a flex10k. The Flex10k is an FPGA, and the driver will be for whatever is on that board and the firmware in the chip. Do you know who provided the board? only they can provide the driver (very unlikely to be altera) 

Be aware though, that the Flex10k is a 20 year old part, and hasnt been supported in build software since 2009. Its mosty likely that whoever made the board and driver only made it for windows XP. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos