Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20867 Discussions

Altera Nios II Cyclone III evaluation kit FPGA Pin Assignment

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using the nios II cyclone III Embedded Evaluation kit, for my application of a process system. i am trying to test the JTAG connectivity for my system that i have downloaded on to the board. so i need to assign the JTAG pin in my design to the Jumper pins on the borad as per my application. but i am not able to find any information on the pin names for the jumper pins that i can assign the jtag pins to using the pin assignment in quartus II evulation software. can any one please help me on where i can find the information for the FPGA pin names as per the board? 

Thanks, 

Ravi
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It should have been provided in the User manual of Cyclone III Embedded Evaluation kit

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm making a thesis tittle is "External communication on board Cyclone 3 Video Development System" i need some example about this problem. might anyone help me ? through some a few file, examples, .... i'm gonna support any problem if who need that i can.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OP: you don't get to assign the location of JTAG pins, they are fixed

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can refer to a document "Reference Manual" I think that it's can full problem to you need.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I havent found any information with respect to the pin assignments for the J4 Jumper Pin names. any idea on where i can get this information from?

0 Kudos