Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20758 Discussions

Altera Quartus Tool

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, im trying to get myself familiar with altera quartus but there is a few info that i dont understand. 

on the compilation report on this fitter summary, im not quite sure what is the total pins means. i realise on one of my project file, it use up 513/622 (82%) i wonder it is so much and what does it means.  

also , on the timing analyzer summary(classic) what does worst-case tsu, worst-case tco, worst case th means?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hi, im trying to get myself familiar with altera quartus but there is a few info that i dont understand. 

on the compilation report on this fitter summary, im not quite sure what is the total pins means. i realise on one of my project file, it use up 513/622 (82%) i wonder it is so much and what does it means.  

also , on the timing analyzer summary(classic) what does worst-case tsu, worst-case tco, worst case th means? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

the total number of Pins is the number of Pins used by your design. Maybe you have large busses in your design.  

tSU = <pin to register delay> + <micro setup delay> - <clock to destination register delay> 

tCO = <clock to source register delay> + <micro clock to output delay> + <register to pin delay> 

tH = <clock to destination register delay> + <micro hold delay of destination register> - <pin to register delay> 

For more detailed info look intot the Quartus Help or on the Altera Web site. 

Kind Regards 

GPK
0 Kudos