Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Altera / Softing EtherCAT solution

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

Has anyone already the Softing EtherCAT solution running on the Altera CycloneV SoC Develompentboard? I was able to get the Beckhoff IP - Core running and use the Beckhof Slave Code Stack with a Nios II Softcore. Because i need to run other IE Protocols later, the Softing solution seem's to be very interesting. Unfortunately they only provide sample projects for the INK and Cyclone V board, but not for the Cyclone V SoC board.  

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi! 

Has anyone already the Softing EtherCAT solution running on the Altera CycloneV SoC Develompentboard? I was able to get the Beckhoff IP - Core running and use the Beckhof Slave Code Stack with a Nios II Softcore. Because i need to run other IE Protocols later, the Softing solution seem's to be very interesting. Unfortunately they only provide sample projects for the INK and Cyclone V board, but not for the Cyclone V SoC board.  

Thanks! 

--- Quote End ---  

Hey Jenson, I am trying to implement the same ECS subsystem given in Softing's website however I am not able to validate the Beckhoff IP. 

I went through the documentation and linked the necessary license files. The only thing is the Vendor ID VHD file in the lib for the ECS30 is encrypted. Their documentation says that you can use an evaluation Vendor ID which is provided with the files if you don't have a vendor ID package. 

I am getting the following 2 errors -  

1)Error (292014): Can't find valid feature line for core debug_slave.vhd (7154_8000) in current license.2)Error (10003): Can't open encrypted VHDL or Verilog HDL file "C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/ethercat/hardware/fpga/ethercat/altera_cvsoc_esc/qsys_system/synthesis/submodules/softing/debug_slave.vhd" -- current license file does not contain a valid license for encrypted file
0 Kudos