Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20639 Discussions

Alterra Stratix IV Lot code

Pvalentino64
Beginner

I am a Technician at Benchmark Electronics in Phoenix running a flying probe machine on customer boards that have the Stratix IV FPGA on it (EP4SGX110HF35C2G). I am failing some boards that have a certain code on it but not sure what the code is exactly. I will attach photos to help illustrate what I'm trying to explain. Basically we have 2 10k resistors tied to several pins on the FPGA then go to GND. That's the extent of the circuit. The flying probe tests that are failing are measuring 1.5k ohm's less than the resistors that are passing.  So the code on the bottom of the parts that's failing is SO18AF77 3S1HAOJOE only.  All the boards that are passing end in LOE, IOE or KOE. So is this a lot code? What in the FPGA would cause this? The resistors are the correct 10k value. Is the FPGA bad then? Just not sure. Please help if you can. Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Have you tried this on other board and does it show the same result? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Pvalentino64
Beginner

Hi Amin,

Well we built several boards that have this particular FPGA with the code ending in JOE & all of them have the same result on the flying probe test. They don't fail anything else. Like I mentioned the boards with the code ending in LOE, KOE, IOE all pass. We did try one of these failing boards on the functional test for the board & it failed with a "Not able to read FPGA firmware" so not sure if it got this fail message is because of the FPGA failing the flying probe test like I detailed in my first message. Is the code on the chip a lot code then? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Pete

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Pete, 

The lot code from the picture you shared with me from the earlier post is S018AF77.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Is all of your questions addressed? I will leave close this case in 3 days if there is no further question from you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Pvalentino64
Beginner

Amin so what is the code that ends in JOE then? Just wondering why those FPGA's measured differently. After further testing we did determine that the board that the FPGA's are installed on weren't affected when running a functional test. 

Pete

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Pete,

The code that ends with 'JOE' is a trace code.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Pete,

In addition to my previous respond, you can also refer to this document on page 33 to learn about ordering information: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/stratix-iv/stx4_5v1.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos