Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20748 Discussões

Arria II GX configuration from CPLD

nome
Novato
918 Visualizações

Hello,

I am using the JS28F256M29EWH NOR Flash with only using 8-bit data and 25-bit address Parallel Flash in FPP mode. In my case, our flash 8-bits flash data pins are directly connected with fpga_config_data's 8-bit pins. Mostly, these pins I recognize are connected with CPLD, and another set of CPLD pins is connected with fpga_config_data for configuration.

I am following the instructions from ug_pfl.pdf to convert our .SOF to .POF. For NOR Flash programming, I am using the PFL Mega core IP in Mode "only Flash programming" from Arria II FPGA I check read back by using  option bits 

Now, I am attempting to configure Arria II GX with CPLD EPM240T100I5 without PFL using Config_Control_Codes from Intel Altera Stratix II.

Please find the attached file.

The issue is that the code doesn't work. I am checking fpga_dclk and fpga_nSTATUS pins using an oscilloscope, but no activity is showing. This implies that there might be a problem with RESET_n and MAX_EN as given in the VHDL Codes.

Also, I have defined unused pins as "As Output Ground"

Please help me identify where I am making a mistake.

Thanks,

Nome

Etiquetas (1)
0 Kudos
8 Respostas
NurAiman_M_Intel
Funcionário
853 Visualizações

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

What do you mean by "configure Arria II GX with CPLD EPM240T100I5 without PFL using Config_Control_Codes from Intel Altera Stratix II"? What is the reason on using Config_Control_Codes from Intel Altera Stratix II for Arria ii?

What Quartus version do you used?

Any error shows?

Regards,

Aiman

nome
Novato
770 Visualizações

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean by "configure Arria II GX with CPLD EPM240T100I5 without PFL using Config_Control_Codes from Intel Altera Stratix II? 

I am not utilizing PFL (parallel flash loader) due to the limited LE (logic element) blocks available, as the EPM240T100I5 CPLD has only 240 blocks. This restriction prevents the use of a higher-density CPLD.

We need to allocate more space for various functionalities, aside from FPGA configuration. This is why we are using the official config_control_codes from Stratix, as indicated in the attached QAR file in my initial post.

All specific pin requirements, such as fpga_addr, fpga_nSTATUS, fpga_dclk, and others, have been assigned according to our custom board specifications. However, the issue is that these codes are not working; when testing fpga_dclk from the oscilloscope, it remains low at all times.

Thanks,

Nome

NurAiman_M_Intel
Funcionário
726 Visualizações

Hi,

• Is JTAG working fine? (without config control codes)
  • Where did you get the Config control codes? Is it from Intel or other source?
  • Can you provide us your schematic?

nome
Novato
715 Visualizações

Hi,

Thanks for your Reply 

Is JTAG working fine? (without config control codes)                                                                                                                                                                                       Yes Excellent Working i can get CPLD and  FPGA in quartus programmer even I can get Flash when I load as per our board pins assignment PFL (prallel flash loader) .sof file into FPGA can easily flash programming .

Where did you get the Config control codes? Is it from Intel or other source?                                                                                                                                     yes From Intel official site

Thanks 

Nome

NurAiman_M_Intel
Funcionário
622 Visualizações

Hi,

Please provide the link to the Config_control code page so we can do the checking.

Regards,

Aiman

NurAiman_M_Intel
Funcionário
551 Visualizações

Hi,

Any update for this case?

Regards,

Aiman

NurAiman_M_Intel
Funcionário
502 Visualizações

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

nome
Novato
252 Visualizações

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response due to my long vacations.

Please find attached our configuration area schematic pdf .

Could you please assist me in identifying any errors, such as incorrect addresses entities?

I'm uncertain about the correctness of the configuration. also suggest us if i will consider PFL  prallel flash loader 

Best Regards,

Thanks 

Nome

Responder