Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

Arria10 Power Sequencing

Yamada1
Beginner

Regarding the power supply sequence between VCC, VCCERAM, VCCR_GXB, and VCCT_GXB, the knowledge base article ID000074566 states that it is recommended to power up VCC first, followed by others, but AN692 and the Arria10 handbook suggest any order. There was only a description that it can be started with. The only Japanese version of the 2017.06.21 version has a description that VCC comes first only when the voltages of VCC and VCCERAM, VCCR_GXB, and VCCT_GXB are different, but if smart VID is not used, VCC and VCCERAM are supplied from the same regulator. There is a description of, and it does not match the article with ID000074566. Do you have information about the correctness of the content of the article with ID000074566?

We are not familiar with English, so please forgive us for asking questions in machine-translated sentences.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out Intel FPGA Community.

As per check through internal resources, the Knowledge Base article ID000074566 describe that it is only recommended to do it, but it is not a requirement that must follow.

You still can power up other power rail in Group 1 before VCC as per suggested in the AN692 and the Arria10 handbook. Both are okay to follow.

I hope it helps clarifies the issue you faced.

Regards,

Aqid

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out Intel FPGA Community.

As per check through internal resources, the Knowledge Base article ID000074566 describe that it is only recommended to do it, but it is not a requirement that must follow.

You still can power up other power rail in Group 1 before VCC as per suggested in the AN692 and the Arria10 handbook. Both are okay to follow.

I hope it helps clarifies the issue you faced.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos