Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20735 Discussions

Availability of MAX V for PAL replacement

ClementS
Novice

Hello,

I work on a project of replacement of PALs 26V12 from Lattice. We want to use an Altera MAX V CPLD but we want to be sure that this CPLD will be still available at least ten years on the market.

Moreover, we want to be sure that the tool developpement Quartus will be still free to dowload at least ten years too.
So where, I can find these informations or a contact at Intel or Altera.

Also, for the momment CPLD MAXV are not available on Radio Spare shop, delivery time are very long. So what is the situation at Intel or Altera.

Thank per advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For your enquiry you can see the table below for more information regarding Availability of Max V.

This is the list for the authorized distributor : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/distributor.html#sort=relevancy

Hope that answers your question.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
ClementS
Novice

Good morning,

Thanks for your reply I will check distributors you gave me.

But for picture you have attached, I don't know what the small star on 2035* refer to.

And what does it mean New EOL in 2035 I don't understand.

Thank for the information.

Clément S

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For the 2035. It means that, that is the new year/date for the extension of the product.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

ClementS
Novice

Thank you for this information.
Just to be sure, are the CPLDs 5M570ZT100C5N, 5M240ZT100C5N, 5M160ZT100C5N and 5M80ZT100C5N are pin compatible?

Is it possible to replace one of the CPLDs on the list with another, provided you have taken a print of 570.
Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
ClementS
Novice

Hello,

I have new question:

Could you give me the package outline of MAXV family.

Regards.

0 Kudos