Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20758 Discussions

[BUG?] MAX 10 (10M02SC) is not detected but MAX 5 is detected

Rh11
Beginner

Hello,

̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶m̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶(̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶l̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶)̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶s̶.̶
̶
̶
̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶2̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶5̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶1̶0̶,̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶5̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶.̶
̶
̶
̶I̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶U̶S̶B̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶a̶r̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶2̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶m̶a̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶1̶0̶.̶
̶
̶
̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶1̶0̶:̶ ̶1̶0̶M̶0̶2̶S̶C̶E̶1̶4̶4̶I̶7̶G̶
̶
̶
̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶ ̶J̶u̶m̶p̶e̶r̶:̶
̶
̶"̶C̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶5̶.̶2̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶O̶F̶F̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶?̶ ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶U̶S̶B̶-̶B̶l̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶?̶"̶
̶
̶[̶Q̶u̶a̶r̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶C̶y̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶1̶0̶ ̶G̶X̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶]̶
̶
̶
̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶J̶T̶A̶G̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶:̶
̶
̶J̶T̶A̶G̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶D̶e̶b̶u̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶T̶o̶o̶l̶;̶ ̶A̶l̶t̶e̶r̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶n̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶T̶u̶b̶e̶.̶
̶
̶
̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶J̶T̶A̶G̶.̶
̶
̶[̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶I̶n̶t̶e̶l̶ ̶J̶T̶A̶G̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶m̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶U̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶J̶T̶A̶G̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶V̶i̶r̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶J̶T̶A̶G̶]̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶v̶e̶r̶b̶e̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶O̶c̶t̶ ̶3̶0̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1̶
̶
̶
̶H̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶J̶T̶A̶G̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶?̶
̶
̶
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶i̶z̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶a̶t̶i̶c̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶M̶A̶X̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶J̶T̶A̶G̶.̶
̶
̶
̶T̶h̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶

Edit:

The problem was with the Quartus,

- The USB cable was removed from the computer, and reinserted, but the Quartus is unable to reconnect automatically.

- After closing the Quartus and opening it again, it started working again. I noticed this when trying to read MAX 5 again, when it didn't work.

Another thing that is happening is Quartus closing unexpectedly.

- When MAX is auto detected, then the user adds a new file "Add file" and start a "Verify".

- To "Verify" you must first read "Examine", then change the file "Change file", then start a "Verify".

- It appears to be a BUG.

Version: Quartus Prime Lite Edition 22.1 Build 922 07/20/2023.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you try to use latest Quartus version 23.1? Or other Quartus version? Do you get the same result?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any update per my previous response?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos