Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Behavior of Max10 if nSTATUS pullup is missing?

SusanB
New Contributor I

As part of reliability analysis, I am being asked to explain what happens (or could happen) if the pull-up resistor on nSTATUS opens. My initial response was to say it is fine because nSTATUS is just an indicator (output) from the device to delineate where configuration begins. But I read the configuration user's guide (ug_m10_config.pdf) and saw that configuration can be restarted by pulling nSTATUS low? I previously thought that was only for the nCONFIG pin. Can someone confirm whether or not a missing pull-up on nSTATUS would result in inability to exit configuration to user mode? The pin would not necessarily be "pulled low" but it would float when released by the device . Thanks!config_flow_from_ug.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

nSTATUS must be connected as it will affect configuration if not connected. Any pull down will cause configuration failure.

Hence nSTATUS is important as nCONFIG.

You can also refer to MAX 10 pin connection guidelines for more information:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/max-10/PCG-01018.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SusanB
New Contributor I

In case my words and picture above didn't seem to match up well, here is the screenshot from the document where it is stated that reconfiguration can be triggered by pulling nSTATUS low externally.

where_i_saw_nstatus_driven_low_retriggers_config_start.JPG

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

nSTATUS must be connected as it will affect configuration if not connected. Any pull down will cause configuration failure.

Hence nSTATUS is important as nCONFIG.

You can also refer to MAX 10 pin connection guidelines for more information:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/max-10/PCG-01018.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos