Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Can't load .jic file to EPCQ device.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to load the .jic file to EPCQ 128 (Part no.:- S25FL128SAGMFBG00) but it shows me an error. 

Error message: 

Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly. 

Error (209012): Operation failed 

I have bypassed the HPS and Connect only FPGA in jtag chain. 

Please help to resolve this problem. 

Thanks, 

Krunal Gandhi
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi krunal, 

For your information, Altera (Intel PSG) does not support non-Altera flash devices. The Altera FPGA device and the Quartus programmer is built to recognize EPCS/EPCQ (any Altera configuration flash devices) for configuration and programming process. Since you are using Spansion (Cypress) flash device, the Quartus programmer is not be able to recognize. This is the reason why you are getting the error message.  

I think if you change the .jic file conversion to EPCS128 (and not EPCQ128), perhaps it is possible to program the Spansion (Cypress) flash device via the Quartus programmer. However we cannot guarantee if the Active Serial configuration will be successful.  

Regards, 

nyusof 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello nyusof, 

Thanks for your valuable reply. 

I have tried as you suggest and yes it works. 

Thanks a lot 

Best regards, 

Krunal Gandhi
0 Kudos