Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Connecting Digital Signal to De1-SoC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I'm considering buying a Highspeed AD/DA Card so I can connect a digital signal to my De1-SoC. According to this link: 

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=73&no=278&partno=2 

the Highspeed AD/DA Card supports analog to digital/ digital to analog conversions. However the signal I am trying to work with is already digital. Will this daughter card allow me to connect a digital to my De1-SoC? Is there any other way I can directly connect my digital signal to my De1-Soc?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That card isn't needed to input digital data. You need to be much more specific about your input to get meaningful help with this. What voltage? Frequency? Serial or Parallel? Differential or Single ended? High/Low or open/ground? Read up on these terms if you don't understand them.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey, thanks for responding Galfonz. I am quite a newbie when it comes to electronics. Its a coaxial tv cable. Not exactly sure what the terms you mentioned are, but will definitely read up on them. Do tv cable signals parameters vary greatly, or are they in general mostly the same? Where can I find this information/ how can I measure it?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you are talking about the signal from cable TV, it's way too high speed for a beginner to get right. If you are talking about a composite video signal, like a DVD video out, several of the Terasic boards have video input circuits. These have sample code you could adopt for your needs.

0 Kudos