Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Connection of pll_ref_clk in an Arria10 with one JESD204b receiver

noria
Beginner

I am using an Arria10 and I implement one JESD204b receiver to communicate with one ADC which has the following paramters LMF=422.

According to the user guide I should connect to the pll_ref_clk, the output of of an ATX_PLL. However when doing this, the tools complains that this is not feasible and require connection of the reference clock (from the pin) straight. Thus two questions:

• Is this correct?
  • If yes, then what the ATX_PLL is for (since I have only one receiver over four lanes and no bonding clock connection is offer at the IP ports)

Thanks

Nicolas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
noria
Beginner

HI

Well the page 66 of the JESD204B IP specify that the transceiver PLL need to be out of the transceiver for Arria10 device (the one I am using).

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

May I know where you find in the document ATX_PLL output to pll_ref_clk. The reference clock has to be connected from the dedicated clk input pins

0 Kudos
noria
Beginner

HI

Well the page 66 of the JESD204B IP specify that the transceiver PLL need to be out of the transceiver for Arria10 device (the one I am using).

Regards

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Can you please check the upstream PLL ( that is the pll driving the ATX pll) you have the option provided as cascade.

JESD user guide

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-design-ex-jesd204b.pdf

0 Kudos