Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
18513 Discussions

Constraining TSE IP while using with external PhY on DE4 boards

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi All; 

I have been trying to get a DE4 board to connect to a PC or a router using Nichestack TCP/IP stack and Ethernet cable. 

Auto negotiation with router/PC passes but then no more progress. The Design can't get an IP from the router and when I set a static IP I can't ping the FPGA. The rx LED on the Ethernet port blinks but the tx LED rarely does so. 

Several older threads associate this behaviour with timing constraints. I include the auto-generated SDC file that comes with the TSE in the project, and constrained the main clock. Then I derive the PLL clocks and clock uncernaties. When it comes down to the virtual clock, I need the tsu and other timing parameters of the Marvell 88e1111 PHY chip that is located on the DE4 board and I am using. However all that I get is some physical dimensions from the "Datasheet" provided my Marvell- 88e1111 PHY prodect brief.  

I would appreciate it if some one could help me get the timing parameters for the Marvell PHY chip or a more useful datasheet. Or is there something that I am missing altogether ? 

Has anyone been able to get the simple socket server running properly on DE4 board using Quartus prime 16.0 ?  

Thanks
0 Kudos
0 Replies