Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20639 Discussions

Cyclone 10 HDMI fitter error

Bin_Wang
Beginner

We have just setup HDMI reference design for our board design with Cyclone 10GX, and when we changed the pin map, there are many errors.

We also changed the QSF settings, but no help. 

Please kindly give some suggestions.

406f485ebd17618b650b97e9503ad9b.png

9c1d4cbb2380eba26444ca8f8dd1de8.png

  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Attached is the fitter passed design qsf file modification

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

the fitter error was due to invalid "XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP" setting implementation.

• Your design qsf is forcing Tx3 channel and Rx2 channel into same XCVR_RECONFIG_GROUP end up into fitter error
  • Only same logical transceiver channel pair can be group together. For instance, Tx2 + Rx2 or Tx1 + Rx1 and etc
  • I modified your design qsf to move Rx2 to pair with Tx2 then fitter compilation is successful

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Bin_Wang
Beginner

Hi Dlim,

We prefer to add SDI RX & TX interface to project, so we made the qsf with different pin assignment.

Could you hellp to give suggestion to fix the problem without pin assignment change?

Thank you.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

So your intention is to use SDI IP and not HDMI IP ?

Sorry but I am not familiar with SDI IP implementation, hence can't give you further advise.

But from the look of this issue, likely this is limitation of NativePHY IP itself where the XCVR_CONFIG_GROUP command can only works with same logical channel as I explained to you earlier.

I am not aware of any workaround.

• so you must either use same logical channel to fit into same physical channel pair
  • or totally split Tx and Rx channel into different physical channel then there is no need to merge them anymore

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos