Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Cyclone V 5CEFA7F27 Device View of pins not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm sorry gang, but I must be blind..... I've looked at pin out information, data sheets and have been exploring multiple links, but still cannot find a drawing that shows the grid map and/or breakdown of how to physically locate specific pins by their grid location. I have the 'Pin Information for the Cyclone V 5CEFA7 Device', but this identifies the location, and doesn't show where on device the pin is located. I can't believe it's not in the data sheet, but I could not find it after spending over an hour chasing the different links and coming up dry. Can someone please either give me the link to this information or tell me a specific document name/number that defines this in a top or bottom view drawing?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The package mechanical drawings show the pin locations: 

https://www.altera.com/support/literature/lit-index/lit-pkg/package.html?family=cyclone_v 

If you want a nice color-coded map of the package that highlights the different pin types then the only way I know to get that is to open the pin planner in Quartus.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I'm troubleshooting a board and need to use x-ray to find a short affecting a few digital control lines. Locating the offending signals' pins helps immensely!

0 Kudos