Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20803 Discussions

Cyclone V availabilty

agorski_ext
Novice

Hello Intel,

Could you please tell me when Cyclone V fpga's will be back available for shipping ?

Specially :
1. 5CSEMA6F31C6N
2. 5CEBA2F23C8N

I run my R&D lab with few external customers.
Just started new project and I am trying to make a project plan.

I know  about Intel shortage. Who doesn't.

But project plan I am working on is for few years upfront and nobody knows about Intel plans.

So I am asking at the Source:

- Can I place order for 1st and 2nd with MOQ with 12 month delivery ? I need them for developing , prototyping etc ?
- Can I place order for bigger qty within 2 years, 3 years ?

- Do you have any sample program for developers ? Cause having 27 pcs of 1st and 60 pcs of 2nd  , I could spent this time developing my projects instead of redesigning prototypes to different chips.

- I asked already ,to all fpga suppliers I know , about Intel shortage plans. Nobody knows.

There is only one information. We don't accept new orders. Mouser , Arrow ,Digikey doesn't matter.

Try to  do any planning with that ?

It is really ok to say , we will be shipping ( for example ) in 2023Q3 again ( or in 2030 ).

The most scary would be if Intel really don't know.

Best regards

Adam Górski

1 Solution
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Adam,

Could you please provide your details as below?

Our customer service representative will be glad to contact you regarding your concern.

Name:

Company name:

Address:

Contact Number:

Required Device:

Thanks.

Regards,

Fakhrul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Please allow us to confirm with our Sales team regarding the delivery timeline.

Current average lead time is around ~50weeks. If your project will start in a year, it is recommended to place your order now.

From high level communication, the silicon shortage issue will recover by 2023Q2.

But we will get the details.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
agorski_ext
Novice

Hello Farabi,

Let me remind you , that at the moment NONE of distributors accept orders.

So how can I place it.

This is the issue here.

Response from Mouser below :

"Average factory lead time: 4-6 weeks
Manufacturer is running at capacity
and is currently not taking new orders"

I am really interested in response from Sales Team.

Best regards

Adam Górski

0 Kudos
agorski_ext
Novice

Hello Farabi,

I hope that you will bring some answer soon.

best regards

Adam Górski

0 Kudos
agorski_ext
Novice

Hello Farabi,

Could you please give me some feedback ?

Positive , negative , sales team need more time  , somebody is on vacation...

Any feedback.

Public via forum or private via e-mail.

Information that it is not allowed to give any information...

Best regards

Adam Górski

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

I am sorry, I have yet getting answer from Sales team. I will ping them to give the answer within this week.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

feedback from Sales team:

"The product family is currently on hard allocation mode and therefore the customer should contact their distributor or customer service representation for delivery date."

Looks like the device has been allocated to distributors by planned schedule. Please accept our apologize for any inconveniences, could you please check with distributors again for delivery timeline. They should have the answer already.

Distributor list for US region:

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Adam,

Could you please provide your details as below?

Our customer service representative will be glad to contact you regarding your concern.

Name:

Company name:

Address:

Contact Number:

Required Device:

Thanks.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
agorski_ext
Novice

Hello Fakhrul,

Could you please contact me via email : adam.jan.gorski@labcoreadamgorski.com ?

I just don't want to public my private details.

Best regards & thank you

Adam Górski

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Adam,

I just got an insight from the Sales Operation and Marketing teams, they said that you may check by going through our distributor and placing your order via the distributor - Arrow Central Europe GmbH.

Furthermore, they also mentioned that, for this product family, it is currently on hard allocation mode and lead-time is not available, hence contacting directly the distributor seems to be a better way.

Hope this would help you. Please feel free to let me know if there is any concern so that we could further assist you. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
agorski_ext
Novice

Hi Fakhrul,

Thank you. I will try to talk to Arrow.

Could you please exaplain to me meaning of "Hard allocation mode"  term?

Is it good ,bad , close to finish  , just started or production qty is so small that only big players can have it?

All what I've found is explanation as follows:

" hard allocation means the commitment between supply and demand cannot be changed. It's been finalized, agreed upon, and now items are ready to go. Soft allocation, on the other hand, has a little wiggle room. Supply can shift as needed."

Or maybe it is internal Intel language ...

Is it going in right direction or completley opposite ?

I am just a poor engineer looking for solution ....

Best regards

Adam Górski

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Adam,

Yes, we have also been internally trying to get the explanation of the term "Hard allocation mode", instead they insisted to have the customer check directly with the customer service representative or distributor. My apologies I could not justify whether right or wrong for the meaning you've found on the web.

Anyways, I have notified your issue to our Sales Operations Manager, who is in charge of the Europe region. Let's hope there will be some action initiated from them.

PS: I've noticed the Sales Operations Manager is OOO until 9/13/2022, maybe you can expect they maybe will contact you around this week. But, my recommendation is better you check directly with Arrow in case you're urgent.

Thanks.

Regards,
Fakhrul

0 Kudos
agorski_ext
Novice

Hi Fakhrul,

I talked to Arrow asking them for offer.

The response I got :

5CEBA2F23C8N is completely unavailable, nothing we can do
5CSEMA6F31C6N has a lead time of 99 weeks, so we can't make a back order or make a quote for it

So, nothing new.

Don't you have any sample program for R&D engineers  ? Or any similar program for developers ?

Best regards

Adam Górski

0 Kudos
agorski_ext
Novice

Hi Fakhrul,

And once again , response by mail :

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your interest in Arrow.com. In reference to the quote you requested on 9/9/2022.
The requested part is not currently listed and may require further research to quote.

If you would like for us to start that process please let us know. We will respond as soon as we receive further details of this part. Please do not hesitate to check arrow.com as we may have alternate parts
available that would meet your needs. They can be found directly below the part details of the searched part.

Please note the pricing and lead times are subject to change based on the factory/supplier conditions as well as research with the manufacturer can take up to several days.

All orders placed with Arrow.com are subject to terms and conditions specified here: https://www.arrow.com/en/legal/terms-of-use

Sincerely,
Sales Support Team 
websupport@arrow.com 
Within the U.S.: 1-855-326-4757 
Internationally: 1-303-305-5700
0 Kudos