Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Cyclone10 GX: About Cyclone10GX Transceiver Native PHY.

LTN
Novice

Hi Intel,

When I am learning to use SFP+ interface of Cyclone 10 GX board, I designed the project with ATXPLL IP core、Reset Controller IP Core 、Cyclone 10 GX Transceiver Native PHY, and connected them like the user guide said:

LTN_0-1638433868216.png

Then I use Modelsim to simulate the whole project,but I can't check the "tx_serial_data"as expected,it's always 0. Then I find the "tx_clkout" and the "rx_clkout" are always 0 ,too.But I can't check the "tx_serial_clk0" signal.

Could you help me to check the problem? Did I use the IP Core in a wrong way?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
LTN
Novice
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @LTN 

May I know does my latest reply helps? 

Do you need further help in regards to this case? 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @LTN 

I took the design and generated the simulation models for the IP and I notice that these options were not selected by default. Is it possible that you are trying to simulate the design with the synthesis RTL? You cant do that.

RichardTanSY_Intel_3-1644297957054.png

I hacked my simple testbench and simulated your project with it. As you can see it works just fine. I’ve attached the project with my testbench back to you.

RichardTanSY_Intel_2-1644297895086.png

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos
LTN
Novice

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel ,

I read the dynamic reconfiguration part of the user guide again, and realize that dynamic reconfiguration is related to Avalon-MM interface.Is the Avalon-MM interface necessary?
Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Li.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

The AVMM interface is not just for dynamic reconfiguration. It is also required for transceiver calibration which is mandatory for optimal performance. It is recommended to enable that interface.

For other unique question, please kindly file a new case. This will helps with our case analysis that we use to assess our customer support requirements. Hope you understands. 

0 Kudos
LTN
Novice

Hi @RichardTanSY_Intel,

There is my project in QuartusPro 17.1.

In this project, I enable the dynamic reconfiguration interface on the PHY, and set these interface like the example.

Then simulate the project in ModelsimStarterEdition.

The current problem remains that the tx_clkout and the rx_clkout signal is always 0.And after enable the reconfiguration interface,most of the signals are working in a wrong way now.

By the way, as you said,I post other question in a new case,why never recive any reply?

Regards,

Li.

0 Kudos