Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Do cyclone IV FPGAs support dynamic reconfiguration?

I am wondering if they support dynamic reconfiguration. I mean dynamic reconfiguration of a portion of the FPGA which isn't part of the transceivers. 

EDIT: On another note is it possible to have one FPGA program another FPGA over a HSMC connection
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Re: Do cyclone IV FPGAs support dynamic reconfiguration?

I do not believe that they support dynamic reconfiguration, but I'm not 100% sure on that point. 

From personal experience, you can have one FPGA program another FPGA. It ultimately depends on the wiring of your HSMC connector with regards to the FPGA's programming pins.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Re: Do cyclone IV FPGAs support dynamic reconfiguration?

there is a configuration mode in fpga that lets you to be configurred by another fpga. here where i work they use max 3 or any other fpga. at any moment,max 3 will recieve new config data from LAN lets say, and will shut down the fpga. it will then automatically reconfigure it and fire it up on new wheels. but its not possible to reconfigure the fpga without shutting it down (i think). simply because many "config signals" requere fpga to be in shut down mode. - it is a half working condition when fpga is shot down but partially operational to recieve new config data. ...i think you could buffer any working information in DDR, then reconfigure the fpga and download the data back.

0 Kudos