Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Does anybody accessed Micron MT25QU via Nios2 API successfully in Arria10 devices?

Jens
Novice

Hi,

I have problems accessing the MT25QU via the Nios2 driver API. Before the discontinuation of EPCQ devices (PDN1802) we used an EPCQ256-L for FPGA configuration, Nios2 firmware and non volatile parameter storing. The data could be written/ read easily via the Nios2 driver API ( e.g. alt_epcq_controller_write() ).

Now with the MT25QU I'm using the "Serial Flash Controller II" in Platform Designer (Quartus 18.1) and the appropriate functions ( e.g. alt_epcq_controller2_write() ). I changed the configuration device in Quartus device and pin options as well as in programming file conversion (.jic for AS programming). The Quartus programmer does recognize the MT25QU correct and programming works well. After power on the Arria10 is initialized correctly, Nios2 firmware is booting from the flash device.

If I try to write to the serial flash via driver API then the read back is always 0xFFFF FFFF.

Has anyone had similar (or better

:) experiences?

Jens

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Jens,

This might be some issue with “Serial Flash Controller II IP” and MT25Q flash device.

Can you try to use “Generic Quad SPI Controller II IP” in your design instead of using “Serial Flash Controller II IP”?

Kindly try it out with your design and let me know the result.

Thanks

0 Kudos