Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20686 Discussions

EMIF oct_rzqin compile error!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have generated a Qsys design of NIOS + EMIF(DDR4), when running synthesis in Quartus Prim Pro v17.0, it reports error: 

Error(17044): Illegal connection on I/O input buffer primitive i_nios|nios_emif_0|nios_emif_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[2].b|cal_oct.ibuf. Source I/O pin i_nios|nios_emif_0|nios_emif_0|arch|arch_inst|bufs_inst|gen_mem_dqs.inst[2].b|cal_oct.obuf drives out to destinations other than the specified I/O input buffer primitive.  

Modify your design so the specified source I/O pin drives only the specified I/O input buffer primitive.  

I'm sure the EMIF pin oct_rzqin is connected to top level input, not driving anything else in my RTL.  

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Since you are using Pro, you might want to try BluePrint to create a legal placement for the EMIF.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

the error is reported during "Analysis & Synthesis", Blueprint cannot open without completion of "Analysis and Synthesis". 

the error is within EMIF IP, please suggest how to solve the problem. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

if you are probing that signal with sigtap , it may cause you a problem  

so delete it from sigtap
0 Kudos
gsaman
Beginner

The error is saying that your IO pad is sourcing to multiple destinations. Your IO Buffer and some other input. This connection to multiple destinations is illegal for IO Buffers. Most probably you have signal tap connected.

0 Kudos